I am honored and humbled to announce that I have been nominated by Tazein at transcendingbordersblog for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you kindly Tazein, who incidentally has a great blog. Here are the rules:
- Display the Award logo on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment on their blog.
- Post seven things about yourself.
So here are the seven things about myself:
- I was writing since I could hold a pencil, but stopped writing for the most part from my late 20’s until really just this year. Glad to be back doing it!
- My writing rebirth was largely spurred by my trip to Thailand volunteering with elephants. I highly recommend volunteering to everyone—you will be repaid many times over.
- I love all animals and will always strive to be a voice for them.
- I am working on my second novel. (The first was my “learning” novel.)
- I love writing short stories as well, and have written a number of them by now.
- My previous career was as a a movie trailer editor.
- Related to #6—I am a huge movie buff, particularly of ’70’s movies.
Nominations: I am following some great blogs, and it was really hard to choose just 15. When I searched the criteria, I was advised to “consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.”
Here are my nominations:
- Stories from the Belly: While this particular blog is “young,” this writer has been blogging for years and I feel has some very important things to say, particularly regarding the female body.
- Heartbound: Thoughts on living a vegan life. Thought-provoking and inspiring.
- Errinspelling: Beautiful poetry rich with amazing moments, stories, and humor.
- Animals Deserve to Live: Great awareness blog on the plight of animals.
- thehumansarah: Her art speaks to me. Simple, beautiful, with an undercurrent of humor.
- I Didn’t Have My Glasses On…: She writes about her life in illuminating, inspiring, and often humorous ways and I love her selection of photos.
- From an Otherwise Sane Perspective: Versatile blogger featuring poetry, computer/tech blogging, and a funny cartoon series.
- The Villainess: Honest, direct, raw writing.
- Exposing the Big Game: Thoughtful, fearless, and probing blogger on animal rights.
- Stars Rain Sun Moon: Lovely poetry. Wonderful expressions of images and emotions.
- Chris Fischer Photography: His photos blow me away. Very talented.
- Before I Forget/Stories with No Books: Inspiring, thoughtful, and creative.
- Storyshucker: Great storyteller, writes about a wide range of subjects.
- Jade’s Jungle: Honest, personal writer’s blog. Inspiring and informative.
- Our Compass: Another good and varied animal rights blog.
Congratulations to all the nominees and thank you for inspiring me with your blogs.